Slieve Bloom Walking Festival 2018
Why not join Ireland's longest running walking festival - the Slieve Bloom Walking Festival, with a great choice of walks over 3 days on the May Bank Holiday Weekend.
Slieve Bloom Mountains
5th May to 7th May 2018
Saturday, 05th May
Festival Registration from 10:15 am in Kinnitty Community Centre, Co Offaly.
- Grade A Glenafelly/Cumber Hill, 13k 4-5 hrs. Walk led by John Scully.
- Grade B, Carrolls Hill 10k 4-5 hrs. Walk led by Richard Jack
- Grade C, Glinsk Castle Walk 6k 2-3 hrs. Walk led by Chris Byrne
After-walk BBQ in the Slieve Bloom Bar, Kinnitty from 4.30pm and music afterwards from 10.00pm .
Sunday, 06th May
Festival Registration at Community Centre Clonaslee, Co Laois at 10:15am.
- Grade A, Two Rivers 10k 4 hrs. Walk led by Martin Broughan.
- Grade B, Glenbarrow 10k 4 hrs. Walk led by Sonja Cadogan.
- Grade C, Brittas Lake 6k 2-3 hrs. Walk led by Gerry Hanlon.
After-walk refreshments will be available in Monika's Cosy Bar, Clonaslee.
Monday, 07th May
Walk registration at Kinnitty Community Centre at 11.00am
-Grade B, Clashroe Beagh 10k 4 hrs. Walk led by Frank Bergin.
For non-members €20 walking registration for the weekend or daily walks €8
The Midlands Regional Transition Team (MRTT) is collating proposals for projects which can assist a positive transition from peat harvesting and power generation in affected communities and related groups in the wider Midland Region.
Time: 22nd May at 4:00 pm to 12th June 2020 at 5:00 pm