Charts Interreg IVC Accessibility Workshop
Published: 23rd October 2012
The Midland Regional Authority is a partner in an Interreg IVC project entitled CHARTS and the project extends from January 1st 2012 to December 31st 2014.
CHARTS aims through best practice to improve the sustainable management of culture, heritage and landscape tourism destinations amongst participating regions. The overall objective is to build on experiences and exploit the outputs, methods, results, policies and strategies of previous projects and initiatives in the field of culture, heritage and sustainable tourism development strategies and to potentially transfer highly relevant Good Practices between the participating regions and Europe-wide, as added value to regional policy formulation and implementation, as well as contributing to the Lisbon and Gothenburg Agendas.
Project Partners include;
· Welsh Assembly Government Wales
· European Cultural Tourism Network, Belgium
· Västra Götaland Regional Authority Sweden
· Pafos Regional Board of Tourism, Cyprus
· Veneto Region – Department of Tourism, Italy
· Network of Heritage, Tourism and Sustainable Development University of Barcelona, Spain
· Vidzeme Tourism Association (VTA), Latvia
· National Institute for Research and Development in Tourism(NIRDT) Romania
· Mallorca Council - Environment Department Estonia
· Union of South-East Region Local Authorities, Bulgaria
· Greek National Tourism Organisation (GNTO), Greece
The MRA are hosting a workshop on the theme of Accessibility to Heritage on November 12-13th.
For further information, please contact email@example.com