Laois Bealtaine Festival 2013
Published: 17th May 2013
At the Arthouse, Stradbally on Wednesday 15th May the Arts Office hosted a lovely event titled “Grow Happy” with an afternoon of Art and Music. A select group of people enjoyed Art workshops led by resident Artist Gemma Guihan and visiting artist Collette Dunne. All participants were able to try their hand at making their own creation of art to bring home.
The audience were then treated to a wonderful performance by “Vocalese” whose exquisite vocal harmonies were enjoyed by all as they performed a selection of favourite songs from their recently recorded CD.
Other Bealtaine events to come that are open to the public include:
- Get Back - The Story of The Beatles on Friday 24th May at 8pm in the Dunamaise Arts Centre. Enjoy the nostalgia of The Beatles musical journey and relive the music that changed the face of popular culture. Admission €22 / €20 Group rate.
- Lunchtime Poetry Reading with Ann Egan on Tuesday 21st May in Portlaoise Library from 1pm-2pm. All welcome. Contact: (057 8622333)
- The Abbeyleix Heritage Company in conjunction will host a storytelling evening on Thursday 23rd May @ 4.30 in the Sexton’s House Abbeyleix. Admission €5 Advance tickets sales available from Heritage House or at the door - Contact: Sinead 057 8731653.
- The Mountmellick Active Retirement Association will host a “Grow Happy Through Dance” event facilitated by dance tutor Maureen Culleton on Wednesday 29th May in the Macra Hall Mountmellick from 2pm-5pm– Afternoon tea will be served. All Welcome. Admission €5
- Portarlington Drama Society present “The Aquinas Moth” in The Dunamaise Arts Centre from 30th & 31st May at 8pm. Admission €10.