The New Regional Spatial and Economic Strategy for the Eastern and Midland Region has been published
Published: 1st July 2019
The Eastern and Midland Regional Assembly has made the final Regional Spatial and Economic Strategy (RSES). The RSES is a strategic plan and investment framework to shape the future development of our Region to 2031 and beyond.
The RSES provides a:
• Spatial Strategy – to manage future growth and ensure the creation of healthy and attractive places to live, work, study, visit and invest in.
• Economic Strategy – that builds on our strengths to sustain a strong economy and support the creation of quality jobs that ensure a good living standard for all.
• Metropolitan Plan – to ensure a supply of strategic development areas for the sustainable growth and continued success and competitiveness of the Dublin Metropolitan Area.
• Investment Framework – to prioritise the delivery of key enabling infrastructure and services by government and state agencies.
• Climate Action Strategy – to accelerate climate action, ensure a clean and healthy environment and to promote sustainable transport and strategic green infrastructure.
The RSES, prepared in accordance with the National Planning Framework, sets the context for each local authority within our Region to develop their county and city development plans in a manner that will ensure national, regional and local plans align.
The RSES is available from the following link;