It was a hugely successful event for Midlands Food and Drink Producers at the prestigious Blas na hEireann Awards 2022 in Dingle.
The region won a total of 18 Awards, including Gold, Silver and Bronze, as well as a number of Chef’s Larder Awards.
The winning producers showcase the quality and broad flavours of Midlands Food and Drink.
- Killua Castle in Clonmellon were one of the biggest winners at the event with 5 awards for their Venison Steaks, Signature Venison Burgers, Venison Burger with Mushroom and Smoked Cheese, Venison Sausages, and their Irish Moiled Fillet Steak.
- Temptation Pâtisserie in Abbeyleix for their Hazelnut & Almond Praline Bar.
- Goodness Grains Gluten Free Bakery in Longford won for their Gluten-Free Madeira Cake.
- Garryhinch Exotic Mushrooms in Portarlington won for their Irish Organic Mushroom Mix.
- Carroll’s of Tullamore for their Thick Cut Honey Roast Cooked on the Bone Irish Ham, and their Honey & Mustard Ham
- Rogan’s Smokehouse in Westmeath for their Smoked Demerara Sugar
- BiaSol in Tullamore for their Milled Grains Light Malt
- Aghaboe Farm Foods in Laois for their Caramelised Pecan Squares
- Wild Irish Foragers in Shinrone for their Dandelion Flower Preserve
- Booley Foods in Banagher for their Original Recipe Ghee
- Abbey Farm Foods in Abbeyleix for their Breakfast Marmalade
- An Olivia Chocolate in Westmeath for their Peppermint Hot Chocolate Pot
- Bolton Family Jam in Killeshin for their Raspberry Jam.
Congratulations to all the winners, putting #midlandsfood on the map once again! Blas na hEireann is the largest food event on the island, and showcases and awards the best in Irish Food and Drink. The awards event runs alongside a Blas Village event which allow producers to meet, as well an engage with customers and buyers in a ‘Taste the Island’ themed event, in the first in-person Blas for 3 years.